Alias Theatre is experienced in designing workshops to meet the needs of a variety of groups, including schools, businesses and community organisations.
Our Workshop Leaders are qualified arts practitioners, teachers and university lecturers who have extensive theatre arts skills and experience of delivering comprehensive and engaging sessions.
There are a variety of packages available and if you need something different, we are happy to discuss specific needs with you.
SAMPLE EDUCATION WORKSHOP TOPICS
GCSE & A LEVEL:
* Devising Methods
* From Page To Stage: realising text for performance
* Practitioners: Brecht, Stanislavski, Grotowski, Artaud, Berkoff
* Physical Theatre & Choreography within performance
* Creating layered characters
* Site-Specific Theatre
SCHOOL CURRICULUM - Key Stages 1-4:
* Storytelling through Drama
* Bringing Shakespeare to Life - any Shakespeare text available
* Myths & Legends
* Play in A Day Projects
* Citizenship & Values Workshops
* Specialist projects on bullying, knife-crime, teenage domestic abuse
* Bespoke workshops on curriculum areas e.g. History - Slave Trade
* Multi-arts workshops e.g. creating art, poetry, music and theatre using the
environment as inspiration
All of the above can be adapted to suit out of hours provision, youth clubs and targeted
youth groups or we can create one-off workshops designed specifically for you.
Workshop Leaders hold CRB Certificates.
If the packages below are not what you need, please contact us to discuss taliormade workshops.
A Level Workshops:
2 hours - £120 (max. 20 in group)
3 hours - £180 (max. 20 in group)
Key Stage 1-4 or Youth Workshops
1 hour - £80 (max. 30 in group)
2 hours - £120 (max. 30 in group)
Play In A Day / All-Day Workshops
£300 max. of 5 hours per day
This can be working with a single group or a rotation of workshops with multiple groups through the day.
NB: Once booking has been confirmed and payment made, no refunds will be made for cancelled workshops.
* Download the WORKSHOP INITIAL BOOKING FORM
* Complete the form - stating workshop focus, group type, workshop package, dates
* Return the form to us via EMAIL - this allows us to quickly confirm dates are available
* Once dates are confirmed, we will email you a booking confirmation form and invoice
* Payment must then be sent to us with the booking confirmation form at least 2 weeks
before the workshop date. No workshops will be delivered without payment in advance.
If you need a last minute workshop, please contact us by email or phone as we may be able to accommodate you at short notice.